Since being stuck at home for the last month due to the corona virus, I’ve found my love of baking again! The kids love a good cake making session but it can become a little tedious making character box cupcakes over and over, plus you need to eat 100 of them because they’re just so tiny! I hate tiny food!
I’ve always been a fan of making things from scratch anyway, so over the next couple of weeks I’m going to be on the hunt for different recipes that we can all do from home with what we have in our cupboards. Cooking that the kids can get involved with and hopefully it will encourage them to try some different things!
Let’s cook a Chocolate Banana loaf!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 180g melted butter
- 260g plain flour
- 225g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 3tsp baking powder
- 100g chocolate chunks/chips
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- An electric whisk is handy!
- Start by mixing the melted butter and sugar together.
- Add your eggs and mashed bananas.
- Sift in your flour, baking powder and bicarb and thoroughly mix.
- Add in your chocolate chunks.
- Pour mixture into a loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven at 170• for 45 mins/until golden.
Make sure you pop a knife through the baked loaf to make sure it’s cooked all the way through. If you find sticky mixture on the end of the knife, pop it back in the oven and turn it down slightly to prevent it from burning on top. Cooking time is roughly 45mins-1hour.
I’m obsessed with this recipe, it’s so yummy and the kids LOVE it! Today’s bake I’ve divided up and will deliver them to doorsteps later!
If you give it a go and love it just as much as I do, leave me a comment below, tag me in your pictures on social media @keleighandthechaos and share my post!
Happy baking guys! Ox
- Puff pastry sharing dessert!Prep time- 5 mins Cook time- 20 mins Total- 25 mins My favourite part of Christmas is all the Christmassy … More
- Easy creamed sweetcorn with bacon.Prep time- 5 mins Cook time- 6-8 mins Total- 14 mins Ok so when I tell you this side dish … More
- Covid-19Get ready guys, this is going to be a long one….. Urgh the moment I’ve been dreading since being employed … More