Like anyone, I love a good pastry! I’ve always made my own version of cheese puff’s but it was always so basic. So I’ve found, trialled and tested the perfect ham and cheese puff pastry recipe and it’s all here for you!
What you’ll need-
- Puff pastry sheets (1packet should be enough for 4 puffs)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain/all purpose flour
- 9 floz whole milk (room temp)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 soft cheese triangle
- 85 grams of grated cheese
- 85 grams of diced cooked ham
- 1 egg
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°
2. Cut the puff pastry sheets into 5-inch squares. You should roughly have 4-5! You can roll them to make them bigger if you need to.
3. Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add flour, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
4. Pour in the warm milk in 2 batches, whisking constantly until smooth and boiling.
5. Once sauce has thickened, reduce the heat and stir frequently to avoid burning.
6. Add the chopped ham, grated cheese and cheese triangle and stir until melted together. Your mixture should be thick and sticky.
7. Arrange the puff pastry squares onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
8. Pop a heaped spoonful of ham and cheese mixture into the centre and sprinkle with grated cheese.
9. Fold the opposite corners together slightly overlapping to create little square parcels.
10. Brush the pastry with the egg wash, making sure to coat all sides.
11. Bake for 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. You may need to adjust your oven temp if you find they’re not quite as golden as you’d like by the end of the 25 mins, but don’t take your eyes off them to avoid burning!
I’m not lying when I say these are so tasty!!! Dare I say they give Greggs a run for their money?! I whipped up a batch today and the kids and I had them for our lunch served with some salad and it was bloody lovely.
Enjoy guys! Ox
Let me know what you think in the comments below, like and share if you love!
- Puff pastry sharing dessert!Prep time- 5 mins Cook time- 20 mins Total- 25 mins My favourite part of Christmas is all the Christmassy … More
- Easy creamed sweetcorn with bacon.Prep time- 5 mins Cook time- 6-8 mins Total- 14 mins Ok so when I tell you this side dish … More
- Covid-19Get ready guys, this is going to be a long one….. Urgh the moment I’ve been dreading since being employed … More