6-8 small bars
I feel like lockdown has got me back my cooking bug. I’ve always loved cooking or baking or coming up with something different but when your so busy with work and the kids it became a bit of a chore for me. Now I have all this time on my hands, I’m loving finding new recipes to trial and test out, as well as making some of my family favourites!
I’m obsessed with this recipe, they’re so good, packed with a bit of protein and are a lush snack or breakfast bar! In this batch I chucked some blueberries on top but you can pretty much add in any fruit you like.
Here’s what you’ll need:-
- 400 ml rolled oats (roughly 4-5 cups)
- 4 smashed bananas
- 1 large tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 3-4 tbsp golden syrup or honey
- Handful of blueberries
- Baking paper
- Oven proof dish or deep tray
- Pre heat oven to 180•
- Start by mashing your bananas in a bowl.
- Add your peanut butter and give it a little mix to soften. If your a huge peanut butter fan you can use more and lessen the syrup quantity.
- Add your oats, water and syrup.
- spoon mix all together and add more syrup if you need it but try not to over use, you want enough to help it stick together.
- Line your dish with the baking paper and spoon in your mixture.
- Spread evenly with the back of your spoon and flatten.
- Now press in your blueberries.
- Pop in the oven for 20mins, take out when done and leave to cool.
- Cut into equal squares and drizzle over some honey.
They’re so good and of course you can adjust the ingredients to your personal taste! I love peanut butter so I do make these to that taste sometimes rather than honey or syrup. I also like adding some raspberries or chocolate chips is a really good one!!
Super easy to make and the kids love helping with this one!
If you want to try any of my other recipes there’s lots on the menu bar, but I’ve dropped a couple below for you. Enjoy! Don’t forget to like and share and leave a comment below!
- Peanut butter & banana oat bars!PREP TIME5 mins COOK TIME20 mins TOTAL TIME25 mins SERVES 6-8 small bars I feel like lockdown has got me … More
- Banana & Nutella CakesPREP TIME5 mins COOK TIME25 mins TOTAL TIME30 mins SERVES makes 12 cakes How many recipes can you make that … More
- Ham & Cheese PuffsPREP TIME15 minsCOOK TIME25 mins TOTAL TIME40 minsSERVES 4-5 Like anyone, I love a good pastry! I’ve always made my … More
- My Cinnamon sweet Bread and Butter Pudding!I think a lot of older people either love or hate bread and butter pudding! I’m under the impression that … More