So as you can tell I’m a huge lover of food and cooking. Over the recent weeks though I’ve been so busy working I’ve really slacked on the recipe front! But I’m back and with something everyone will love! Not a healthy option, if you’re after that then use this recipe Quick banana pancakes but a proper comfort food recipe. So here’s my perfectly fluffy American style pancakes!
What you’ll need–
- 180g of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (optional)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 large ripe banana
- 240ml of milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- Take your ingredients and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Smash your banana and add that to the bowl along with the milk and oil.
- Using a whisk or power whisk mix it all up creating a batter.
- Using a large ladle add one scoop of batter to the centre of a boiling pan, you want to create a circle as big as a cereal type bowl.
- You’ll see it start to bubble, at this point flip your pancake over and transfer to a plate once cooked through. (They only take a couple of minutes each side)
- Your batter should make roughly 6-8 pancakes.
My kids love these for breakfast, so once I’ve made a stack we chop some fruit, drizzle some honey and sprinkle a bit of icing sugar. If you ask Connor though he’ll smother his in Nutella every single time!!
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Enjoy guys! Ox