We’re huge fans of taco Tuesdays or Thursdays in our house, well actually me, I’m the huge fan and if I could I’d make them at least 5 times a week ha!
As a bloody busy mum on the go I’m a humongous fan of quick dinners and tacos/fajitas are just such a good meal to throw together, put it all out and everybody help themselves. Now without sounding like a big headed so in so I think I make a cracking shredded chicken….. just saying. So if you fancy hosting a chicken taco night that let’s face it, everyone will enjoy, here’s what you’ll need…
- 3lbs of chicken (I use 3-4 large breasts)
- Grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- Taco seasoning sachet
- 1 lime
- Mini wraps
- Sweet corn
- Any salad you fancy chucking in your wrap.
I use my go to slow cooker for most things like this, but if you don’t have one you could use a big dish and cook it in the oven. I’d advise to keep an eye on the times and temperatures though as it would probably vary.
- So pop your salsa in your slow cooker dish, I use 2 fresh pots of salsa that you can buy from your local supermarket if I haven’t got time to make it- to be fair who has on a week night?!
- Mix in your taco seasoning and cut the lime in half and squeeze both into the dish.
- Lay your whole chicken breasts on top of the sauce and cover.
- Set your slow cooker to high for 4 hrs/Low for 6hrs.
- 15 mins before the time is up take your chicken out and shred with forks. Pop it back in the slow cooker and top with a handful of grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese, add your sweet corn, then recover for remaining 10 mins.
- Fold your wraps in half and pop them in the oven to warm up. (I put mine in for about 5 mins)
- Once the wraps are out fill with salad and sour cream and chive dip and then pile on your shredded chicken mixture!
You can also freeze this mixture for up to 6 months, so I Whack the leftovers in a ziplock bag and pop in the freezer ready for another dinner the following week. Side note* it’s also bloody lovely with tortilla chips! You can thank me later! I honestly am obsessed with this dinner- so simple but sooooo tasty! I will warn you though they’re messy! So if like me you have a toddler that likes to be very independent, make sure you’re prepared for the mess!!
If you guys give it a go let me know! Tag me in your posts on socials using @keleighandthechaos on Instagram and Facebook! Or leave a comment below!
- Puff pastry sharing dessert!Prep time- 5 mins Cook time- 20 mins Total- 25 mins My favourite part of Christmas is all the Christmassy … More
- Easy creamed sweetcorn with bacon.Prep time- 5 mins Cook time- 6-8 mins Total- 14 mins Ok so when I tell you this side dish … More
- Covid-19Get ready guys, this is going to be a long one….. Urgh the moment I’ve been dreading since being employed … More