Prep time- 5 mins
Cook time- 6-8 mins
Total- 14 mins
Ok so when I tell you this side dish is the bees knees you’d better believe it! I’m obsessed with trying new things, adding or swapping ingredients, changing up boring meals and getting the kids to eat all sorts, and this little dish is the perfect addition to all of the above.
Heres what you’ll need:-
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 large tin of drained sweetcorn
- 3 rashers of bacon finely chopped
- 2 heaped large spoonfuls of cream cheese (I use Philadelphia light)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Light sprinkling of grated cheddar cheese
- So you want to brown your bacon bits in a saucepan over a medium heat
- Once cooked, add your butter and corn and stir until butter has melted
- Then add your cream cheese and again keep mixing until it’s created a sauce consistency
- You can then add your seasonings and sugar
- Finally sprinkle over your cheese.
If you find that it’s all a bit sticky or too thick, a splash of whole milk works wonders to loosen it all a little and create a really creamy sauce.
Best served with some extra crispy roast potatoes and a slither of meat, or as a side dish for everyone to help themselves too! You won’t regret it! It’s one of mine and Romans all time favourites, especially now winters set in!
Let me know in the comments what you think and if you try this dish! Enjoy guys!