PREP TIME- 8 minutes
COOK TIME- 15-20 minutes
I have started to notice all my recent posts relate to food! So here’s another one!
I’m a big fan of ready rolled pastries, they’re quick and easy and I always have some in my fridge ready to make quick deserts for the kids or pies/parcels for dinners. So with that being said, here’s how I do my chocolate twists with minimal effort but maximum indulgence.
Here’s what you’ll need-
- A sheet of ready rolled puff pastry. (You’ll find these in the cold section in a supermarket, usually near the milk, cream, cheese etc)
- A jar of Nutella or hazelnut spread.
- A spoonful of melted butter.
- Some icing sugar to dust.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- You’re going to roll out your puff pastry so it’s nice and flat and laid width ways.
- Take a knife and cut the pastry into strips, you want each section about an inch apart.
- After you’ve done this you should end up with about 8 or 9 strips.
- Now you’re going to spoon some chocolate spread onto one strip making sure it’s covered evenly. So if you have 8 strips 4 of these should be covered in Nutella.
- With the other 4 strips you’re going to lay them on top of the ones covered in chocolate.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Now take each strip and twist them, I either keep twisting so they look a little rope-like and chocolate runs in circles or I pinch in opposite directions to create more of a plait looking pastry.
- Once you’ve twisted all 4, lay them on the baking paper and lightly dust the melted butter over the pastry, this’ll help them go golden brown in the oven.
- Pop them into the oven for at least 15 minutes, after that keep checking on them every couple of minutes to prevent them burning.
- Once cooked transfer them onto a wire rack and leave to cool. After a few minutes you should find they harden up a bit.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve!
Once you know how to do these you won’t forget! I make them all the time and everybody loves them!
If you fancy making mini twists here’s how you can do it-
- Take your 8 strips of puff pastry and cover half of each strip with chocolate spread.
- Fold them all in half and twist them.
- You should end up with 8 mini twists rather than 4 large ones!
If you give them a try make sure to tag me in any pictures on Instagram! Heres my page…Instagram or comment below and let me know how you got on! Don’t forget practice makes perfect!